Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's the small things in life...

Today was a stressful day, well, I thought it would be stressful.. My morning started off a little rocky. I am not embaressed to admit Shauna and I got in an argument over stupid things (whenever we fight it is always stupid things). My boots suck on the bottom so I slipped on my driveway..or im a clumsy, either way I fell. I had to send an e-mail back to Robbie's church saying I agree to their crazy rules and guidelines that we need to follow if we use his pastor at our wedding. AND I had to work. Ohh work. Never know what I am going to get when I walk in that door. I could be closing, I could be cut right away. I could make $5 I could make $100. I cant wait to have a real job. Anyways. I was talking to Robbie throughout the day. He is sitting in Virginia with nothing to do. He is just waiting to start another school in North Carolina. He literally is sitting in a cold little room with nothing to do (well, he got the internet back today). I was talking to him and he said "I am making today a good day. I had a good work out, I ate, and I'm watching a lot of episodes of Lost." WHAT? Thats a good day... the he said "It's the little things in life." and it made me think.... why was I getting mad at Shauna over these stupid things! I mean she only gets married once, it needs to be special. Why don't I laugh at myself when I slip on the driveway for the 10th time this winter, I should know not to wear those darn black boots. Why do I get mad that I have to work? I need the money and I should be thankful I have a job in the first place.  Why am I so worked up about the church's stupid rules? Can't I just do something for someone else.. cant I just give Robbie the okay with using his church.... And I figured it out, I think.. I am just too stubborn. I want things my way. I dont like when life is unpredictable. I want it layed out in front of me. My own little life itinerary. But from now on I am going to take Robbie's advice and I am going to try to enjoy the little things in life like catching up with an old friend, taking a nice hot bath, or reading! Oh how I miss my books!!! Sorry for the small rant, but then again, thanks for listening!

And so I realize.... This "stressful" day is not so stressful at all.

Enjoy the small things. Each day brings new beginnings. Strive to be a better you.

No comments:

Post a Comment