Monday, February 21, 2011

Oh how I love you Mexico

Dear Mexico,

Although you have stolen one of my best friends from me, you always know how to make me happy again when I am with you..

Love/Hate,

Briana

Shauna and Andrew's wedding went perfectly! Everything was absolutely beautiful. I highly suggest a destination wedding to anyone. Shauna said that at times she wishes she was able to hang out with everyone more than she got to, but she has no regrets. The pictures were amazing. We stayed at the Dreams Resort in Puerto Vallarta. It was an all inclusive and I can safely say that I got my moneys worth of drinks while I was down there. We saw whales everyday from our hotel. Sometimes they were just surfacing the water and you could only see the water blowing up from their blowhole (is that even what its called?) other days they were breaching out of the water and slapping their fins making huge splashes. It was awesome. I played a lot of beach volleyball which was a lot of fun, and not to mention probably one of the only forms of exercise I got all week. I ate AWESOME seafood. Its always a treat when you can actually eat fresh seafood that is seasoned perfectly instead of reaching in the freezer for the box of fish sticks. We shopped in the flea markets, buying too much like always. They had amazing pottery so I bought some hand made bowls (which I can put in my OWN kitchen someday) they are very bright and the details in the painting are amazing. I went kayaking...but then we saw a whale so we went back to land where we were safe from being launched in the air by a blowhole (we have wild imaginations). Other than that everyone got a lot of R&R, which was much needed. We would stay on the beach til just about sunset each night. It was so nice. We also had awesome weather, 80 and not a cloud in the sky. I am seriously depressed being back home. Not to mention the 10 inches of snow we are getting right now. Ughhh I needed like 3 more days down there. I miss my mexico family!

In other news...

I still dont exactly have a date set to see Robbie next but we are hoping that he will be able to come home for Shauna and Andrew's wedding reception which is the weekend of March 12. We are keeping our fingers crossed. Robbie is moving down to North Carolina next weekend! I am very excited to go visit him there, a new chage in scenery is much needed.

I am slacking on my wedding planning. That is what is on my agenda for this week. No excuses I need to get a lot done!

I feel like this post isnt complete, but I am getting tired (and Lexi is crying because she wants to go to bed too!) I will post pictures tomorrow...

Stay tuned!

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment