Friday, September 16, 2011

Shauna, Andrew, Santa Barbara

Hello. A few weeks have passed since Shauna and Andrew were here for a visit, but I will recap anyways. They got in Wednesday night. We went to dinner in Pacific Beach, I dont remember the name of the restuarant, but it was really cool. It was on a high deck that over looked the ocean. We went back to the house and had an early night. Thursday, we (minus Rob) went to Torrey Pines State Park in Del Mar. It was awesome. Andrew can always find some good hiking trails! We walked/ jogged/ explored the trails for about 4 hours and it finally lead us out to a secluded beach which had seals and rocks everywhere! It was so pretty, Robbie and I are definatly going to take a trip back there soon. That night we went to Pizza Port for dinner in Carlsbad village. It was super fun. The pizza wasnt amazing by any means, but the beer was great. They brew 40 different kinds of beer and give them crazy names! Friday we decided to make the trip 3.5 hours north to Santa Barbara to visit an old friend Milo, and his girlfriend Veronica. It was really fun! Santa Barbara was amazingly beautiful it looked so tropical and lush. Even the water was more blue there! We went out Friday night, but came in early since we were pretty tired from the day and the drive up there. Saturday, we went to the beach and the guys tried their best at surfing. It didnt go so well since Robbie and Andrew didnt have wet suits and it was only like 60 degrees with a strong wind! It was freezing! Shauna and I stayed under towels and in pants and zip ups most of the day. I had a very tramatizing experience at the beach and I wish that we could have caught it on camera because it was bad! I was eating a sandwich and out of no where something hits my head, it doesnt take long for me to figure out that it is a seagulls wing hitting my head as it is stealing the sandwich out of my hands. Everything happened so fast, I realized what it was, I threw my sandwich, and everyone was laughing. The worst part about it, Robbie said he saw the seagull staring at me for a long time before it made its attack. Thanks for the warning! Anyways, I was laughing and crying at the same time. I was laughing because really, it was funny, and crying I dont know why? Maybe because it was tramatizing, maybe because I was laughing so hard. We will never know. Later that day we went back to Milo and Veronica's ate an amazing dinner they cooked for us, and went out to the bars. Sunday was a relaxing day by the pool. (At a home that Milo's sister is housesitting. It was a huge house in Monticeto, only a few houses away from Oprah's. And yes, I saw Operah's gate to her home, cool I know). We got home late Sunday night and went right to bed. Shauna and Andrew left Monday morning after we grabbed some bagels and ate breakfast on the beach. It was a great weekend. I wish I would have taken more pics. This is all I have.



This weekend we dont have much planned, we will just go with the flow.

I started a pintrest account it is an amazing website. It is basically a collection of things that people think are cool, want, or dream about. Go to pinterest.com and see for yourself. 

Fossil Women's Maddox Novelty Flat Shoe
Ohhh, and I need these shoes. I love them!

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment