Tuesday, January 11, 2011

life as i know it...

An explanation to the name of my blog...

It didnt hit me til about a month ago that this will be my last winter in Minnesota for a couple of years.  I know that I will always be with my family for the Holidays so I know that its not the last I'll be able to enjoy this wonderful weather, but still, its sad to think about. I am very weird and actually enjoy wintertime and all it has to offer. I think that if it is going to be cold there better be snow too.  Back to the point... so, being that it is my "last" winter in MN I realized that I have never experienced anything other than this, in my life. I have never moved more than a couple miles away (and only once at that), I have always lived at home with my family (besides mankato for two years but that hardly counts since I was home almost every weekend), I have always had the same group of friends, and I have always had the same jobs.  So, point being, this is life as i know it. It will be a huge change for me when I move. I am going to have to learn how to live on my own/ learn to live with Robbie. I am going to have to figure out how to cook something more than macaroni and cheese and frozen pizzas, I am going to have to make new friends, go to a new school (eventually), and find a new job. Everything will be NEW, but I am not scared for it to happen I am very excited and I hope that I can grow from every new experience I encounter and this beautiful life will lay out nicely.


Since I am moving away I am very hopeful and grateful to hear that many of my friends are planning on visiting me. I know money can get tight but hopefully things will work out for the best and I can see everyone once in a while.


Some up coming events that I am very excited for are going to Virginia for Robbie's graduation from the Basic School. I go there Jan 25-27. It should be really cool to finally see where he has been and what he has been doing for the last 6 months. While we are there we get to shoot some really cool guns I guess. Not really sure what they are but I had to sign something saying that I could kill myself in the process.. I am a little nervous!!

Also, Shauna and Andrew's wedding is right around the corner! I feel like I have so much left to do for it, I can't imagine how she feels. We are going to Puerto Vallarta Feb 9-16 and their wedding day is Feb 12! I am so happy for them. I am excited to go on a vacation also. The group we are going with should be a blast!


1 comment: