Monday, January 10, 2011

a little catch up

So, I decided to start a blog. Mainly for a way my family and friends can see what I am doing and experiencing in my life once I leave Minnesota. I thought now would be a good time to start blogging since our wedding is just under 5 months away, and time will be moving fast. Hopefully I can keep up with this and share my thoughts as I try new things and learn how to adjust to the changes I will soon experience.

I am excited to start my life with Robbie in June! We got news that we will be living near San Diego for the next couple of years. Since everyone always wants to know our situation here it is:

No, me and Robbie do not live together.
I see Robbie about 1 time a month for about 3 days.
Robbie is a Marine. Not in the Army, Navy, or Air Force.
Robbie is currently in Richmond VA. He will be moving to North Carolina soon for more schooling. He is a Logistics Officer. He will be there until the end of May.
We are getting married June 4, 2011.
I graduated from the University of MN with my BA in Psychology. I NEED to go back to school or I will drive myself crazy from boredem.
I feel like there is definatly more to life than just working, but right now thats all I have to do. Its sad to say but I can't "afford" to do anything else.
I am in the process of planning our wedding. It is very stressful but fun at the same time. I am very interested to see how everything will lay out.

Wedding Info:

Robbie proposed to me on Sept. 2, 2010. It was amazing, wouldn't have wanted it any other way! I found my dress before I knew any details about my wedding.... such a girl, I know. We are getting married at the Crowne Plaza in Minneapolis. We have 8 very important people in our wedding party. For bridesmaids I have chosen to have my friends Kal Frane, Jenna Marolt, and my sisiter Marisa. My maid of honor will be my cousin Shauna.  All these girls are very special to me and mean the world to me. I dont know what I would be with out them, they are always there for me and always have given me the advice I needed :) I love you girls! Robbie chose to have his good friends Cory Jackson, CK McKenzie, and brother Zack as groomsmen, and long time best friend Brad Griffore as his best man. I am very excited to share our special day with the people who have helped us throughout our lives.

Obviously, purple is the color theme of our wedding. It will also have some military traditions. As most of you know I would love for Lexi to be in my wedding but I wont do it for the sake of judgements! Haha :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I think this is a great idea, and hopefully you remember to keep it up once you're down there! Love ya too!
    -Shauna-

    ReplyDelete