Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"declutter"

Ummm yea... so that is my room. It looks like this most of the time. I seem to have all this motivation to do everything else in my life besides clean my room. I just can't do it. It's even more sad that those are all clean clothes. I just cant get myself to put them away. A terrible habit. I am not a messy person when it comes to shared space, however if it is my space it usually looks like this. Sorry Robbie hopefully I will brake the habit soon. Doubtful though since I have been living like this for 22 years. When I lived in Mankato we always kept the house pretty clean. Whenever my roommate would come in my room she would just about have a heart attack. She couldnt understand how I lived with not only my clothes spead all over the floor but also starting to pile up since there was no more floor space. It is sad. The only way I can get motivation to clean my room is if someone is in it with me. I will often times call Kal and ask her if she can come clean my room. She is a neat freak. I usually just want her to sit there and keep me company but she gets so mad about all my clutter that she cant help herself but to help me.. Maybe I take advantage of her. I know she will always help!  Oh yea and that is my suitcase from Mexico. Let me remind you I got back from there February 16. It still isnt unpack.. Maybe I am subconsiously leaving there incase I need to take an emergency vaca back to paradise. Sounds nice right about now. I was reading Better Homes magazine and I found this article about decluttering your space. It had some helpful tips, maybe when I get my own place I can put them to use!


And lexi, poor lexi, doesnt even like to come into my room when it is this messy because she has no where to lay. Instead she is booted to the doorway until I make room for more than just myself.














I finally got an address book. I needed one since I will start to work on invitations soon for my wedding. It will be really helpful to have when I move away also. I will have all the important info I need about everyone with out having to call my mom for phone numbers or addresses to send out "thank you's." My mom on the other hand could use a new address book also. This thing is pretty beat up and beautifully designed with nailpolished eyes  and other random body parts.



Don't let this picture fool you... I can't cook for the life of me. But, I did get a recipe box. I have started writing down all my favorite recipes from my mom in hopes that I will be able to reproduce the food to half of its quality. If you have good recipes send them my way. My box is pretty empty right now, but I hope to have it mostly full by the time I move. Then maybe I can cook Robbie a real meal someday.

That is all for now. I am going to attempt to clean my room...

1 comment:

  1. Briana... I don't even know what to say! That is a VERY messy room.

    I will gather some recipes of mine and my mom's and bring them to you next time we get together. Speaking of, we NEED to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete